Spanish Language Homestay Immersion Programs in Santiago de Cuba

                                                                                     Site built and managed by : Lic. Euqueria Zamora-Ahonen. 

A unique opportunity to increase your Spanish language skills quickly, examine
​Cuban culture and explore the city.

Find out everything you need to know about entering Cuba from your home country.

In March 2016, President Obama announced that educational "people to people" trips did not need to be taken with a licensed group; instead, individuals may take educational trips of their own design, without having to get permission from the government in advance. Travelers who take these trips must keep records of what they did in Cuba for five years.

This Homestay Spanish Immersion Program qualifies as a people-to-people trip because you will take Spanish lessons 
everyday, live with a Cuban family, visit cultural sites, etc. All these activities “… facilitate cultural exchange and promote contact with the Cuban people, support for civil society…”

Santiago de Cuba was established in 1515 and was Cuba's most important Spanish settlement until Havana gained prominence in the mid-sixteenth century

All visitors to Cuba require a tourist card which can be acquired in the Cuban consulates or in the authorized travel agencies and airlines. The tourist visa is valid for an entrance and exit from Cuba and last for 30 days. The counting start on the arrival date to Cuba, with the possibility to extend it for it for other 30 days.  This can be done in the Cuban Immigration Office (Dirección de Inmigración y Extranjería)

​New rules  allow Americans to travel independently to Cuba on what they call “people-to-people” trips.

 Connect to the internet via ETECSA Hotspot
To access the Internet via the ETECSA Hotspot you will need an ETECSA prepaid Internet card. 
The cards come in 1 hour and 5-hour denominations and cost $1,00/hour and are sold at ETECSA offices and hotels across the country. You’ll need your passport to make the purchase.
Each ETECSA card has a unique Username and Password, which you need to log into the ETECSA internet service. You can use the cards on your laptop, your phone, or in some cases in hotels using desktop computers in the lobby.

Get it all arranged before you arrive!

The Cuban government requires U.S. tourists to apply for a visa (tourist card),  handled by U.S. tour operators
 on behalf of their clients. Americans need a passport that doesn't expire until at least six months after their
​ Cuba trip is completed.