Living with your Cuban family is an excellent way of improving your spoken Spanish in a short time.
Our aim is to make everyone feel at home here!
Hosts will help you to settle into life in Santiago de Cuba and advise you of how to get acclimated to Cuban life.
You can choose from 3 different meal plans depending on whether you wish to share meals with your hosts or you prefer a more independent lifestyle – Bed & Breakfast, full-board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner ) or half-board (breakfast and dinner).
Students will eat whatever the family eats and help set the table or clear up after dinner.The host will provide room in the fridge and pantry to store any food that students may purchase.
Vegetarians or people with food allergies should let us know their eating options when booking so this can be shared with families before arrival.
Your Homestay fee includes:
- Private bathroom
- Use of the house & outdoor areas
- A quiet place to study
- All the Spanish practice you can get with your host family
- Participate in family life with social, cultural and leisure activities
- Meet your family’s friends, neighbors, and profesional colleagues
Homestay Single with nutritious home-cooked meals.
7 nights 14 nights
Single Bed and Breakfast......................205 Euros/USD ............. ..410 Euros/USD
Half board accommodation............... 245 Euros/USD ..................490 Euros/USD
Full board accommodation................280 Euros/USD ..................560 Euros/USD
We also have a No Meals option for more independent students.
If you like to eat lots of fruit or other snacks in addition to the meals provided, you should buy this yourself and ask the host if you can store it in a cupboard or fridge.
If you prefer to pay with USD, 13% will be added to the program cost. There is a 3% exchange fee for all currencies and a 10% penalty for exchanging USD into CUC.
Services offered at an additional cost:
... Pick-up service, to and from the airport
... WiFi connection
- All of our homestay accommodation is carefully inspected and selected and offers a high standard of accommodation and care.
- All payments for housing fee must be on the day of arrival to your host and do not include telephone calls.
- You will be supplied with fresh towels and bedding every week and it will be your responsibility to change your bed.
- Students are responsible for keeping their room reasonably tidy so that it can be cleaned.
- Your host will provide toilet paper and hand washing soap, but you should purchase your own ‘toiletries’ such as toothpaste, body soap/shower gel, shampoo, etc.
- Please, bear in mind that the entertaining of friends by students in a family home is not an entitlement of your stay.
- All our families participate in the learning and welfare of our students and have all the information needed before your arrival.